House Cleaning Rates Seattle - Divine Maids Pricing
✓ 1 Bedroom & 1 Bathroom Apartment - $119.00
✓ 2 Bedroom & 2 Bathroom Apartment - $159.00
✓ 3 Bedroom & 2 Bathroom Apartment - $179.00
✓ 2000 Square Foot Home - $199.00
✓ 2500 Square Foot Home - $229.00
✓ 3000 Square Foot Home - $249.00
✓ 3500 Square Foot Home - $269.00
✓ 4000 Square Foot Home - $289.00
How much do housekeeping and house cleaning services cost in 2018?
Hiring a part time housekeeper or regular house cleaning is a spectacular way to maintain your home while saving time and energy. However, it can be hard to know just how much to pay your maid or housekeeping staff. Further, different house cleaning services might cost different amounts. You might not know where to ask "how much does a maid cost" - so we've done some analysis to let you know what you can expect to pay a house cleaner.
What Factors Impact the Cost of Seattle Cleaning Services?
- Choosing between a professional cleaning agency or private housekeeper
- Size of your home (Number of bedrooms/bathrooms)
- Frequency of visits (Weekly, bimonthly, or monthly)
- Number of people and pets in your household
- Level of clutter (Can your housekeeper access the areas to be cleaned?)
- Amount of different surfaces to be cleaned (Size of your kitchen and bathroom countertops)
- Special requirements, (Such as cleaning the inside of the refrigerator or scrubbing the baseboards)
- Level of experience of the housekeeper
- Choosing between standard or eco-friendly cleaning solutions
- Number of people cleaning your home (An individual or team from an agency)
- Paying by the job or paying by the hour
How much should a cleaning lady cost in Seattle?
Some professional cleaning services may do a first-time cleaning by the square foot. This allows the maid service to determine how long it will take to clean your house and to get an idea of what special attention your house may require such as high ceiling fans, fragile antiques, etc. On average, the typical single family home costs $130. Regular maid services for apartments averages $100 and for businesses around $150.
How often you expect the maid service to come out can also affect your cost. Multiple visits may actually net you some savings. Savings can typically be about $5 to $20 per cleaning. You might be able to get a further discount by paying for multiple cleanings upfront or by signing a contract for long-term service. This winds up saving you anywhere from $50 to $200 in the long run.
Maid services can do a one-time cleaning as well. This can be useful for sprucing up your home for a holiday party, viewings by potential buyers or apartments after a tenant has moved out and before a new one comes in. For the typical home, this cost is normally around $200 to $300.
How Much Does A Maid Service Cost To Hire?
The average maid service cost is $159, though Seattle homeowners could spend anywhere between $115 and $227 for their services depending on the size of the home. Typically, Seattle cleaning services charges are either by the hour or square footage. Per hour costs are between $50 and $90. Square footage charges depend on the size of your house. For example, an area less than 1,000 square feet averages $130 while 3,000 square feet or more could cost $250.
Having a maid service clean your house on a regular basis -- or complete a one-time deep cleaning -- is a wonderful way to take care of your home without spending hours on your knees with cleaning supplies. Regular cleaning also helps preserve wood floors, furniture, upholstery and countertops. You may be intimidated by the potential cost of hiring a maid service, but before you get discouraged, here are a number of factors that could decrease your price or make it worthwhile regardless.
Should You Hire a Weekly or Monthly Housekeeper or Maid Service?
How often you have a maid service come to your house depends on your needs and your schedule. You might need just a little help staying on top of things, such as if you are elderly or handicapped, or you might need a lot of help because of your busy schedule or because you entertain a lot. Here is an idea of what the various schedules for housekeepers are:
- Weekly -- A weekly cleaning is ideal for those with busy lives and lots of social obligations. For these people, even a simple wiping down of kitchen counters and vacuuming can put a crimp in their overloaded schedules. Even those who work at home can find themselves without the time to do much beyond the bare necessities depending on the nature of the work.
- Bi-weekly -- As a general upkeep type of service, this is the most popular schedule for many homes. It's ideal for someone who is busy, but not overloaded with work or social commitments.
- Monthly -- A once-a-month thorough cleaning provides a good, regular service for your home. While it can be more costly than the previous two options because of the workload involved, it's also often enough for people who don't entertain a lot and who may not have particularly loaded schedules.
Normally, the more often a maid service comes out to your house, the less it will cost you per visit. With such a routine schedule, the maid service will most likely have the cleaning supplies you need so that you don't have to buy them (unless you require certain products due to allergies, environmental concerns, etc.).
Weekly and bi-weekly visits are not only more cost effective, they're also healthier. A routine cleaning of your home reduces allergens, bacteria, and other health concerns for your family. A weekly visit can save $5 to $10 per visit on maid services like Merry Maids costs, not including what you'll save if you don't have to buy your own cleaning products.